Statement Regarding the Coronavirus Pandemic March 27, 2020
To Our Valued Clients:
We are all concerned about the current COVID-19 pandemic that is affecting of our daily lives. Schools, restaurants, theaters, churches and businesses have all closed their doors to help prevent the spread of the coronavirus and decrease the number of people who may need hospitalization if they contract the virus.
At Richard W. Fuller, CPA here are the steps that we are taking to do our best to help out in this crisis:
- Our office will remain open during regular business hours until instructed by the government not to do so. Only staff will be allowed to remain in the office.
- I will no longer be meeting with clients in person at our office.
- There are three ways to provide your tax information to our office:
- You can email your information to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- You can drop your information off at our office.
- You can mail your information to our office.
As an extra precaution we are placing any printed information that is received in person or by mail into a four -day quarantine.
- We will continue to process returns in the order they are received. If your paper information is quarantined for four days your return will be put into our work flow based on the date we received that information.
- We will no longer be giving our clients the option to pick up their completed returns in person. We will mail all completed returns to them. Clients will also have the option of having their completed returns sent to them electronically.
Your Federal Tax Return and Estimated Tax Payments
As of March 27th
The Federal Government has extended the deadline for filing your tax return or an extension. The deadline is now July 15th. The government has extended the due dates for paying your Estimated Tax Payments. The due dates for the April 15th estimated tax payment is now July 15th.
The Federal Government is encouraging anyone who will be receiving a refund to file as soon as possible.
Your State Tax Return and Estimated Tax Payments
As of March 27th
New York State has extended the deadline for filing your tax return or an extension to July 15th. The State has extended the due dates for the April 15th estimated tax payment. The due date is now July 15th.
For information on other states please visit: https://www.aicpa.org/content/dam/aicpa/advocacy/tax/downloadabledocuments/coronavirus-state-filing-relief.pdf or call our office.
Please call the office at 518-636-5166 if you have any questions.
Please stay safe and follow all CDC recommendations for curbing the spread of the virus and make sure that your elderly family members and friends are taken care of.